Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just a Few Days Left!

Just a few days to go before the Big Day!  I'm practicing telling everyone "yes, I am ready for the marathon" with confidence.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I actually believed April 18 would ever roll around.  While the past 3 months of training have been fun, it's nice to know that the end is near.  It was hard to keep the thought of that final right on Boylston and the image of the Pru looming in the distance when running through a blizzard in the dead of winter.  But it's here, finally!  And right now weather.com is advertising good news for Monday.  Yes, I realize it's April in Boston and you can't ever count on the 10 day forecast but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Partly Cloudy doesn't turn into Rain in the next five days.

Now that training is winding down, I'm in my final push for those last minute donations.  It's not too late to throw some money in the pot to support my Running for Cover team to benefit the Melanoma Foundation of New England!  Just go to www.firstgiving.com/allisonsilletto.  To help you keep your eye on the prize, I will be here in just a few days! 
Boston Marathon Finish Line

No comments:

Post a Comment