Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

New Shoes...

So, I haven't been as diligent about my blogging as I would have liked these last few weeks.  A lot has been going on.  Training has been going strong for the most part.  I've had some knee troubles that I'm trying to figure out before the race.  And yes, I Googled it.  Google still says it's Runner's Knee.  I'm starting to think that Runner's Knee is a result of old shoes...

My shoes of choice this year are Adidas Supernova Sequence.  I tried my best to train in my Vibram Fivefinger Bikilas, but it just wasn't happening with all the snow, ice, and cold this season.  Overall I haven't had a problem wearing these shoes but in the last few weeks I've had to cut my long runs short because of knee pain.  It wasn't until earlier this week that I realized that I have run almost 350 miles in my running shoes!  They look fine - tread is still in good shape and the outside structure doesn't at all look like they are 1 year old shoes, but the support is COMPLETELY shot.

Luckily, Marathon Sports is awesome and they carried my exact same shoe.  Now I have to decide if it's worth risking blisters and sore feet running on new shoes in my longest long-run tomorrow to possibly cut out knee pain.  Micah and I are running the last 21 miles of the marathon course.  We will be waking up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday (ugh) to run from Framingham to Boston.  I'll be honest, it's a little daunting to have the start line in a town that I refuse to drive to because it's so far away...  But this is the closest thing we'll have to a dress rehearsal.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment